Monday, February 15, 2010

PERCY

One of the slight downfalls of single parenting is occasionally having to sit through a movie that you don't find all that appealing or interesting. In this case, it was Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. It just didn't make much sense (and that is bad, even for a fantasy). Do we really expect he will be this wonderful fighter in one day? Some of the fights and challenges were weak. Ok, I did enjoy the Las Vegas challenge. The two lead actors seemed lame to me. The guy who played the satyr did an okay job. Still, it was rewarding because my sons enjoyed it, and that makes it worthwhile. But it wasn't much advanced over what they watch on Saturday mornings. I do see the comparisons some have made to the successful (and far superior) Harry Potter movies. I wonder if the books, which I have yet to try with my boys, might be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment