Tuesday, April 8, 2014

WORDSMITH GANGBANGER

She writes poetry, the free-verse kind,
which sends forth warnings to my mind.
Her words are often dark and scary,
there’s seldom anything too merry,
so now I think, what’s the mental state,
will I notice something far too late?
Might she stab me with her writing pen,
or make our relationship too open---
like a comic standing on a stage,
venting funny on domestic rage?
Should one fear a potential anger,
wielded by wordsmith gangbanger?
Heart that’s ripped at an open mike,
don’t want to know what that feels like!
If a dating coward---and you know it---
steer clear of dark and lonely poet!

[PS: After I read three or so angry girlfriend posts on a poetry site, I thought . . . “hmmm, there’s a darn funny poem in there somewhere.” Not aimed at anyone I know, just thought up a scenario in my mind. So please no “did I write something to offend thee” notes. I was just musing comedic, as I am sometimes wont to do. And I know there are plenty of angry guy poets; I’ve been that too, a few times. So, it’s just how this ditty came out. Kind of odd I would even write this rejoinder, but some people can be overly sensitive (me), so I know.]

No comments:

Post a Comment