Sunday, July 8, 2018

GREENVILLE COUNTY MUSEUM OF ART

Probably my favorite art museum in South Carolina, largely because it focuses on native artists, as well as a strong Wyeth collection. Chimo and I made a day trip up on whim. Nice collection of Anna Heyward Taylor, who was from Columbia. Awesome carved birds by Grainger McKoy. A nice collection of works by the grandson of N.C. Wyeth and son of Andrew Wyeth. They had some William H. Johnson works, many of which we had seen in Charleston not too long ago. I liked the Sidney Dickinson exhibit. Here are a few pictures of the art there. I highly recommend people check it out. It is free, by the way,a nd there are other museums in the same block, as well a nice shopping district that extends down to the park and falls. The last picture is an illustration by NC Weyth used in a book, I think:

No comments:

Post a Comment