Friday, April 1, 2011

Why?

There is something seriously wrong with me, and there has been for a long time. My son, he can't handle transitions; me, I am deeply affected by endings. When I graduated from high school, I was damn near sick. Happy, but unable to handle the emotion of walking away from my comfortable world. Same thing when I leave a job. Down to just thinking about it at night (in which case I will not be able to sleep for several hours), to finishing of a television series I enjoyed: MASH,FIREFLY, ANGEL, BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA. Doesn't matter. If I invest some level of interest into the characters or storyline, I will suffer when it comes to an end. And so it is tonight, as I finish the finale episodes of DOLLHOUSE. I really enjoyed this Whedon series (which ones haven't I?). The second season was far superior to the first, and I loved the tender parts best. . .how Victor and Sierra kept loving and refinding each other no matter what. I loved the development of Topher. I am going to miss this ensemble, ever bit as much as I missed the FIREFLY/SERENITY crew (many of whom were in both shows). I'll just have to find some other show to give me that melancholy.

No comments:

Post a Comment