Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HIMALAYAN SALT LAMP

Next to my bed now sits a strange-looking lump of glowing rock called a Himalayan salt lamp. Mostly yellow with orange splashes imbedded in the crystal, this lamp supposedly attracts dust and viruses and helps to cleanse the air in my room. How accurate this claim is I don’t know, but I do seem to be breathing better. My sister gave this one to me from her collection at home. She must have about a half dozen or more around the house. These lamps give off a very pleasant glow, though I am still unused to having such a large nightlight so close to my bed. Nevertheless, I am getting used to its presence. I have looked them up and all the sites claim they are very beneficial to one’s health. Another thing for me to keep my eyes open for on garage sale hunts. I wonder if they come in colors outside the "fire" range? Like blue or green. My sister swears by hers. So now I am the lucky owner of one. . .a convert.

No comments:

Post a Comment