Friday, July 13, 2012

FOR ONE WHO RESPONDS TOO SELDOM

Sometimes I slave the day away
whilst waiting on a word
in hopes that it may just defray
my slide from man to nerd.
A kindly line or flirting note
might save from darkest thought,
while stuck in front of this comp screen
my writing come to naught.
But often true it does not float
in email or by phone
some silly quip or funny quote
to salve this time alone.
Of course, she does not know this truth,
that words from her do cheer,
I wait for them, and act aloof,
But wish that they'd appear.

2 comments:

  1. A man with such literary art
    doth express a beautiful heart.
    Hope to catch you in Literati again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in literati a couple of times looking for friends. Don't go as much as I used to. I'm sure we'll have a game soon.

    ReplyDelete