Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SANDY

Hurricane Sandy ravaged the northeast last night leaving behind a lot of flooding and snow in the mountains. I wonder how bad the flooding will be as the water makes its way back to the sea. I know New York is in a bit of a disarray, but I suspect the Con Ed people will get things righted quickly, as well will the transportation engineers. A few deaths thus far. The replica BOUNTY sank off the coast North Carolina, apparently with the loss of two lives. I know my brother, niece, and sister-in-law (all of whom are in some level of law enforcement) have their hands full. Haven't heard much out of Virginia Beach. Seems Connecticut got a good punch. No doubt they are busier than they ever imagined. Such a huge storm enforces the belief of people such as myself that government is still very important, preparation is a necessity, and that Republicans simply don't have a clue. Romney showed while he was in the governor's mansion that his policies were not up to the task in handling such disasters. I hope the rest of the country gets the message before next Tuesday. It was nice that Christie praised Obama's efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment