Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WHY?? CRAZY REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES

First, there is Akin, with his rape fantasies, followed by a host of other kookie comments from anti-abortion candidates, but the craziness needs to stop. (Not to mention Coulter using the "retard" word several times to describe President Obama, and getting mad support on Twitter).

Now we have Richard Mourdock, Republican candidate for Senate from Indiana, who this week asserted: "The only exception I have to have an abortion is in that case of the life of the mother. I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God and I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape that it is something God intended to happen."

God does not sanction rape. Full Stop. It is shameful that anyone who calls themselves a Christian would make such a statement. I am appalled. I know some people get overheated over this subject, and they can misspeak, but clearly he has thought about this, and he is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Although some have attacked Romney for having cut an ad in support of Mourdock, I can't believe he would support the Indianan's view and I hope he publicly repudiates it.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like the US has lost its grip on reality. And to think some of the people in "charge" have this type of view scares me so much!

    ReplyDelete