Friday, August 15, 2014

DAD IN EVERGLADES

A few years back I posted some pictures of my father on a canoe trip through the Everglades. Today I came across a couple more. These were taken in late January-early February 1996. I don't know how many guys were part of the expedition, although I know Don Dillard was one. The first is a bit cloudy, showing Dad standing in water beside his Old Town, fully packed.


On the trail, and obviously on the water, Dad had the reputation for gadgets. In fact, that was his nickname on the Appalachian Trail. . .The Gadget Man. Here, he has rigged an umbrella (I wonder if it slowed him down as a windcatcher). He had to be the only one out there with such a rig.


Dad aboard his Old Town canoe


A few shots of dad and his camping on top of the platforms they have for these types of excursions.

No comments:

Post a Comment