Sunday, March 13, 2016

OTTERS

OMG, Riverfront Zoo has otters. I could sit and watch those two childlike animals for hours. Chimo and I took a quick visit to the zoo to catch some of the updated exhibits. The seal and sea lion enclosure is not completed yet. The grizzly bears can be observed much closer, and they are awesome. It was surprisingly hot though, over eighty. I will be going back there regularly as they update the place.

Last week Chimo and I went to the Planetarium at the State museum, and I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to see the stars, but what we got was a projected movie, interesting as it was, but I was hoping for more traditional fare. And the seats don't go back. :( Then we caught the "Burning of Columbia" exhibit at the South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum. That was quite interesting, and then we checked out their permanent collection. I was most interested in the USS COLUMBIA material. Afterwards we walked down to see the breach in the dam left by the floods last year, and then sat around getting some sun. It was peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment