Saturday, March 5, 2016

STATEHOUSE VISIT

Been living in South Carolina most of my life, and I finally took a tour of the Statehouse. A beautiful and history-filled structure, but the tour left a bit to be desired. It parroted the short video presentation we watched before the tour and didn't even touch on the many historical items and paintings and other artworks that graced the walls and rooms. Some of the material was interesting, but saw no reason to hear it twice. I remember taking a tour of the grounds once that was much more informative and entertaining. Still, it sure is beautiful. It was funny that while we were waiting for the tour to start, Chimo and I remarked to each other that the second-floor ceiling reminded both of us of structures we saw at Fort Sumter. Same era, I guess. Even if I wasn't bowled over by the tour, I am glad that I finally went in to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment