Thursday, March 31, 2016

TROOP 68 ON TRAIL

I never hiked on the Appalachian Trail, and was out of Scouting before my younger brother Paul joined Troop 68, out of the Keystone Methodist Church. My brother earned his Eagle Scout, and probably was a much better hiker/camper than I ever was. The Scoutmaster for Paul was Doc Sammons, and I think my Dad was Assistant Scoutmaster. In August 1982 the boys hit the Appalachian Trail, at least a portion of it. In this picture, captured near Neels Gap in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia, Sammons is in the rear. My Dad anchors the right side of the group, standing next to Paul. What I want to know is how the guy with the light blue shirt was not carrying a pack? Hopefully my brother, upon seeing this, will fill in the names of the other boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment